The Trusted Authority for Airports
Benefits of Installing UVC Light Fixtures in Airports:
- Inactivates pathogens such as COVID-19 to reduce the risk of travel related transmission
- Improves indoor air quality (IAQ)
- Provides peace of mind for travelers and airport employees
- Reduces HVAC energy consumption and extends equipment lifecycle
- Eliminates coil cleaning
- Poor indoor air quality (IAQ).
- Spread of viruses and bacteria because people are traveling from many locations.
- High concentration of people in spaces creates higher risk for spread of germs.
- High energy and maintenance.
Airports have their own unique challenges for mitigating the spread of viruses and bacteria due to the high concentration of people. In addition, as a hub for travelers, sicknesses can spread from a broad range of geographic locations.
Achieving the best results in pathogen reduction starts with identifying the specific spaces and challenges, which can be unique to airport environments including:
- Security lines
- Ticketing areas
- Food courts & restaurants
- Boarding areas
- Open spaces
- Retail areas
- Private travel club suites
- Baggage claim areas
A layered approach to reducing the spread of viruses and bacteria includes:
- UVC placed within HVAC equipment for facility-wide improvement of indoor air quality (IAQ).
- Upper-air UVGI for for populated areas with higher transmission probability.
- Surface decontamination for regular cleaning or emergency disinfection.
UVC for Facility-Wide Disinfection and Improved HVAC Energy Efficiency
Installed in Air Handlers and Ductwork – New Construction or Retrofit
In-AHU and In-Duct fixtures, such as the Lumalier Adjustable Rack (AR) Series UVC Fixtures, are installed inside ventilation systems to provide high-level, facility-wide disinfection of the airborne infectious pathogens that can cause respiratory sickness, disease, and infection. In-AHU and In-Duct fixtures are scalable to fit any size air handler unit (AHU).
- Achieves the greatest square foot coverage at the lowest cost.
- Uses the existing ventilation system to disinfect and distribute air.
- Eliminates biological growth on coils and in the drain pan that can cause coil fouling, odors, and premature failure of air conditioning equipment.
- Provides airport facilities with an ROI benefit with reduced energy consumption and maintenance.
UVC for High-Risk Areas with Higher Concentrations of People
Upper-Air UV Fixtures
Upper-air UV fixtures are engineered to provide very targeted airborne pathogen reduction in high-risk areas.
- Installation applications include security lines, boarding areas, ticketing areas, food courts, restrooms, baggage claim areas, and other spaces where there’s a higher risk of spread.
- Units are available for high or low ceilings and for any square footage.
- Units can be permanently or temporarily installed for flexible space uses.
- Natural convection-currents create repeated air disinfection within defined spaces.
UVC for Risk Management
Surface disinfection UV fixtures are engineered for high-level disinfection of contaminated surfaces that can spread infection.
- Appropriate for temporary disinfection of floors, desks, counter, and table surfaces that have been contaminated.
- Ideal for treatment of difficult-to-disinfect surfaces, such as keyboards, self-serve kiosks, and monitors.
- Available in both fixed and portable options.