The Trusted Authority for Airports
Benefits of Installing UVC Light Fixtures in Airports:
- Inactivates pathogens to reduce the risk of travel related transmission
- Improves indoor air quality (IAQ)
- Provides peace of mind for travelers and airport employees
- Reduces HVAC energy consumption and extends equipment lifecycle
- Eliminates coil cleaning
- Poor indoor air quality (IAQ).
- Spread of viruses and bacteria because people are traveling from many locations.
- High concentration of people in spaces creates higher risk for spread of germs.
- High energy and maintenance costs.
Airports have their own unique challenges for mitigating the spread of viruses and bacteria due to the high concentration of people. In addition, as a hub for travelers, sicknesses can spread from a broad range of geographic locations, exposing those who may not have immunity to certain strains of pathogens.
Achieving the best results in pathogen reduction starts with identifying the specific spaces and challenges, which can be unique to airport environments including:
- Security lines
- Ticketing areas
- Food courts & restaurants
- Boarding areas
- Open spaces
- Retail areas
- Private travel club suites
- Baggage claim areas
A layered approach to reducing the spread of viruses and bacteria includes:
- UVC placed within HVAC equipment for facility-wide improvement of indoor air quality (IAQ).
- Upper-air UVGI for for populated areas with higher transmission probability.
- Surface decontamination for regular cleaning or emergency disinfection.
UVC for Facility-Wide Disinfection and Improved HVAC Energy Efficiency
Installed in Air Handlers and Ductwork – New Construction or Retrofit
In-AHU and In-Duct fixtures, such as the Lumalier Adjustable Rack (AR) Series UVC Fixtures, are installed inside ventilation systems to provide high-level, facility-wide disinfection of the airborne infectious pathogens that can cause respiratory sickness, disease, and infection. In-AHU and In-Duct fixtures are scalable to fit any size air handler unit (AHU).
- Achieves the greatest square foot coverage at the lowest cost.
- Uses the existing ventilation system to disinfect and distribute air.
- Eliminates biological growth on coils and in the drain pan that can cause coil fouling, odors, and premature failure of air conditioning equipment.
- Provides airport facilities with an ROI benefit with reduced energy consumption and maintenance.
- Helps improve energy efficiency with as much as a 12%-20% energy cost reduction, which can make a real impact on carbon emissions and working towards decarbonization goals.
UVC for High-Risk Areas with Higher Concentrations of People
Upper-Air UV Fixtures
Upper-air UV fixtures are engineered to provide very targeted airborne pathogen reduction in high-risk areas.
- Installation applications include security lines, boarding areas, ticketing areas, food courts, restrooms, baggage claim areas, and other spaces where there’s a higher risk of spread.
- Units are available for high or low ceilings and for any square footage.
- Units can be permanently or temporarily installed for flexible space uses.
- Natural convection-currents create repeated air disinfection within defined spaces.
UVC for Risk Management
Surface disinfection UV fixtures are engineered for high-level disinfection of contaminated surfaces that can spread infection.
- Appropriate for temporary disinfection of floors, desks, counter, and table surfaces that have been contaminated.
- Ideal for treatment of difficult-to-disinfect surfaces, such as keyboards, self-serve kiosks, and monitors.
- Available in both fixed and portable options.